To join the Sebastopol Area Time Bank (SATB), you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Call Sebastopol home and live in the West County
- Fill out an online application
- Attend an orientation and show photo ID
- Electronically agree to the SATB terms of service
- Agree to exchange with other members as explained in our handbook
Each SATB orientation includes an introduction to the SATB, an overview of member guidelines, a tutorial of the software program, time for questions and an opportunity to get to know other time bank members.
- Click here to signup for our mailing list. You will be sent a notification email. (Please check your spam folder if you do not see it quickly.)
- After you have confirmed your email address by clicking on the link in the notification, you will receive an email with information about how you can attend one of our orientations.
- Space at orientations is limited. Please reserve your space and remember to bring a photo ID
- Attendance at the orientation will be noted for your membership application
Click here or on the word Join at the top right hand corner of this screen to fill out an online application.
- Click here to access video tutorials that explain the application process.
- Once you have attended an orientation, completed the online membership process and a TimeBank coordinator has approved your membership, you will have member access to our timebank.
Once you have become a member, please:
fill out your member profile. Add a photo and tell us a little something about yourself!
Your membership also includes a subscription to our monthly newsletter.
Starting to use the Time Bank
Login to the Timebank and
Post some offers, skills, talents or services that you have to offer other members.
Post some requests, for services or skills that you are looking for.
Record any exchanges that you have made with other timebank members.
Feel free to browse the offers and requests for inspiration. You can ask for help buy clicking on the envelope icon link and sending a message to your timebank's coordinators. See the icon at the top right of the home page.
You can visit the help guide for a page. Click on the "?" at the top right of each page.
Ongoing Use of the Time Bank
Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
- Haven't received a response to an offer or request? Check the Timebankers' Talents listings and find people who may have the skills you need and contact them directly.
After you've communicated with a member and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.